About

My name is Aliaa ( alya’ ) Abdelrahman. I’m currently a junior student at CCNY majoring in computer science. I’m Egyptian American who immigrated to the US in 2013. As an immigrant it was difficult to adapt with the American culture; However, I was able to adapt fast and overcome difficulties. In June 2016 graduated from newcomers high school. In Spring 2019 I graduates from BMCC with Associates of Science in Computer Science.

I chose computer science because I loved technologies since I was little and I was always patinate about learning and obtaining new skills as I grow up. Being a computer science major for more than two years have taught me so much than I expected like problem-solving skills, logics, networking, and many others. I have experiences using many different programming languages such as: Java, C++, python, swift, HTML, CSS, and Assembly Language. I have taken many computer science classes, for instance I took data structures, algorithms, statistics and probability for computer science, discrete structure, Calculus I, II, III, and linear Algebra. Therefore, I genuinely want to help every single student and enhance them to follow their dreams; I want to change the stereotype they have about computer science and math being difficult.

I am hoping to become a software engineer and a math/computer science professor. I am hoping to become a professor to offer help and make positive changes in students’ live. I’m currently working as a supplemental instructor (SI leader) in math at BMCC. I have been a SI leader for three years. I love this job so much because I am achieving what I was always hopping to do. I love communicating to others and help others as much as I can. I have participated in Lehman college hackathon and my team and I have won the category of best social good by JPMorgan Chase & Co. I am an excellent communicator, fast leaner, teamwork, problem solver, creative, open-minded, good listener, responsible, and productive.